PDA

View Full Version : Open Entities

rjguinn@optonline.net
01-23-2005, 05:08 PM
When I drag an end node from 1 open object & snap it to another open object to close it, it always remains open which will not allow me to pocket it.For example, if I have 4 corners & drag & snap the end nodes to form a square.Any suggestions?
I'm using Coreldraw 9.
Thanks,
Jeff

fleinbach
01-23-2005, 07:10 PM
Jeff

I have'nt used Corel Draw for years but I believe it has a snap feature. I would look for one and see if it's turned on. I have problems with Chief Arcitech snapping to a node at times even with the snap feature turned on. The onle remedy seems to be too zoom in or out to a differant size, this usualy works for me.

jay
01-23-2005, 07:53 PM
Jeff, all I do is to double click the node at the end of the last line when it is over top of the first node. Seem so work everytime for me. Yes, with Corel V9

Mayo
01-24-2005, 01:20 AM
Some things to check:
Go under TOOLS, OPTIONS, EDIT, and check your drawing precision number. Mine is set to 3 (decimal places) and I have no problems with nodes joining when they snap together.

Keep in mind two or more seperate objects nodes will not snap together unless they are first combined so that they are considered part of one object.

Select all four corners, then go to ARRANGE, then COMBINE. Now when you drag one node near or over where you want it to join with another node, it should work.

rjguinn@optonline.net
01-24-2005, 03:30 PM
Thanks Frank,Jay & Mayo,
It appears to be a combination of all your suggestions, plus a great deal of ignorance on my part.
1.Setting snap properties
2.Selecting all entities & combining
3.Doubling clicking the snapped nodes to join.
Works great & Thanks again,
Jeff