PDA

View Full Version : Changing Move Speed

mnrite
02-08-2007, 12:25 PM
If I cut parts leaving a skin, I want to cut out the part with a fast move speed leaving a skin to keep parts in place, then a thru cut at a slow move speed to separate the parts. Can I do this in Part Wizard? can I insert a line of code to slow down the final pass?

Thanks
Mike

Brady Watson
02-08-2007, 01:09 PM
Yes. Just create 2 seperate toolpaths and save them sequentially as one file. I can't guarantee that slowing the last pass down will keep the part from A) burning or melting B) moving and/or getting chewed at the last moment. You may want to look into using the 'bridge start point' option in the Profile toolpath fill in sheet in PW. If you bought your tool in the past year, you should have received a PW video. Watch it, as this and other techniques are described.

-B

mnrite
02-08-2007, 08:21 PM
If I save a toolpath cutting at 1000 in/min the first line of code is (MS,16.6,0.5). If I save a toolpath cutting at 100 in/min the first line is (MS,1.7,0.5). If I save a toolpath doing both one after another I get the first line of (MS,16.6,0.5) and then code to cut the part twice at that speed, it does not slow down and the (MS,1.7,0.5) line does not show up in the program.

Thanks
Mike

Brady Watson
02-08-2007, 08:32 PM
Mike,
You are correct. PW defaults to the FIRST move speed saved, or more accurately the speed that the 1st toolpath contains. The easiest way I get around this is to save each individually, open up the 2nd file, copy it and paste it into the 1st file. This way all of the speeds are correct and they will still run one after the other.

-B

mnrite
02-08-2007, 09:42 PM
Thanks Brady
I'll give it a try tomorrow

Mike

scottcox
02-08-2007, 10:23 PM
Brady,

You're saying that SB3 will recognize an MS command mid-file and change the ramping speeds accordingly mid-file, right?

paco
02-08-2007, 11:28 PM
Scott, it'll read about any code you give it to... as long as it know what it is.

PROCEED TO SELF CLEANING WHEN DONE doesn't work... I've tried that one... but C4 (which is my 'go away' routine) work.

Brady Watson
02-09-2007, 02:03 AM
Scott,
Yes...You could change it every other line if you wanted to.

-B

scottcox
02-09-2007, 02:07 AM
Cool. Thank you guys!

rhfurniture
02-09-2007, 06:44 AM
If I want to change speed mid file I just open it in the editor and insert an MS command at an appropriate point. You can search through the file for the final Z value and paste MS,XX before the plunge.
R.

syeven_ree
02-09-2007, 08:55 AM
I have found that while SB is running you can push the shift key and < or > to increase or slow down the xy speeds .....what I dont know is the short key to slow down the Z plunge rate.Maybe some-one knows which key does this?
Steve

scottcox
02-09-2007, 09:52 AM
Steve,

As per previous discussions, when you use the < and > keys while cutting, it does change the move speed but not the ramping values, hence my question above.