View Full Version : PartWorks Upgrades

12-08-2007, 10:03 AM
Since PartWorks is a ShopBot Version of VCarve. What is the upgrade policy around this?

For example when VCarve Pro is upgraded to 5.0, will PartWorks be upgraded as well?

Love the $400 price tag, but are we better off going direct to Vectric for future upgrades?

-- Pat Fulghum

Brian Moran
12-09-2007, 06:30 AM
Hi Pat,

When Vectric upgrade VCarve Pro we will produce an upgraded version of PartWorks for ShopBot at the same time. We build PartWorks and VCarve Pro off the same codebase so any fixes and updates etc. should be available for PartWorks in a very similar timeframe to VCarve Pro.

Obviously it is up to ShopBot to decide when they want to ship any new products and updates. However, I don't think ShopBot customers will be disadvantaged by buying PartWorks from ShopBot instead of VCarve Pro direct from Vectric as long as they only want to drive ShopBot machines.

If only ShopBot machines need to be driven from the software, I think the PartWorks / PartWorks3D bundle (equivalent to VCarve Pro and Cut3D) is superb value.

Hope this helps.


Gary Campbell
12-09-2007, 12:01 PM
We have VCPro and the 4.5 upgrade. I have tried to register on the Vectric forum,(no confirm email) and have emailed Tony some postP questions (SB drill) but cant seem to get thru. Any ideas? We dont have a need for output to anything but a ShopBot, can/should we "trade down" to the partworks suite and have only SB posts to choose from? I am also looking for the new drill postP that uses the &my_(X,Y,Drill)offsetT2 postP or the instructions to modify. We are in the process of converting all our Partwizard generated files to VCP, but cant seem to get the drilling over there yet. Thanks in advance.

12-09-2007, 02:37 PM

We have received your question about the Drill Head postp and I believe we replied requesting more details from you. It looks like a breakdown in email correspondence and we will get this sorted out for you. VCarve Pro / PartWorks and Cut3D / PartWorks3D are functionally exactly the same software products so there is no reason why you need to change.

There is a problem with the auto-reply messages from the vectric forum being blocked by Comcast, which is probably why you haven't received your conformation notice. If you email your details to - support@vectric.com (mailto:support@vectric.com) - we can check the status of your account.



Gary Campbell
12-09-2007, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the very prompt reply. Tech Support on a Sunday!!! Service is a very important aspect of all our lives. I will email you direct. Thanks, Gary