PDA

View Full Version : Need help converting .cdr to .eps or .scv

beacon14
04-04-2001, 09:45 PM
A client of mine is having trouble getting me an .eps format of the logo he wants me to rout. He has sent me a .cdr version, but I do not have Corel Draw. Would anyone be able and willing to convert the .cdr into either .eps or .scv so I can use my Casmate and/or EnRoute with it? The resulting fame and glory would be astounding, not to mention I would be most grateful.
He says he can export from Corel into .eps, but that the file is too large (10 Meg) to e-mail or transfer to disk. I have received other .eps files via e-mail with no problem. The .cdr file is 1.4 Meg
Thanks to anyone who can help.
David Buchsbaum

ssanda@nvbell.net
04-14-2001, 01:30 AM
Usually CorelDraw vector files are much smaller than bitmap files and the size of the cdr file makes it sound like he has embedded his bitmap logo into the cdr file. If he has, he can also give you the logo as a tif, bmp, jpg or other bitmap format. Can you import those in your program?

We get this all the time as most people have their logo set up for printing (color bitmap) instead of for cutting (vector) or engraving (black and white bitmap).