PDA

View Full Version : Two copyes of SB control software

steve4460
03-06-2007, 12:42 PM
Hi Guys
is it posible to setup two copys of the control software on the same computer ?, one is tuned in for running 3D stuff and the other one is setup for running cabinet parts . So I don't have to go and change that fill in sheet everytime .Also what are the best settings for either one .

Bot on

SV

paco
03-06-2007, 01:37 PM
That's why there's *.sbd file. Those are preferences setting saved into a SB3 readable file. Call it tool configuration file if you prefer.

The simplest/friendliest way to create one is to set your tool as you need it to be and use US command and save the file under a convenient file name. You can create as many as you need and you can set a custom cut (C,#) for each of your mostly use. Another way around is to have a 'Settings' folder (just as there's one into the ShopBot folder) for your saved settings. That's what SB3 use when you start it for the first time (machine size); check you the files in the 'C:\Program Files\ShopBot\ShopBot 3\Settings\' foler...

*.sbp file would work too but having another extension allow easier sort of file are what. SBP=ShopBot part file - SBD=ShopBot default config file

You can call up *.sbd from inside *.sbp too... just how versatile SB3 can be!

Does that help?... sure is easier than to have two instance of SB3 installed.

steve4460
03-06-2007, 02:23 PM
Ok . Next question . What are the best ramping move speeds for 3D or regulare cutting on an PRT or a PRT ALPHA . I have an alpha and a buddy of mine has a PRT , and he is intered too .
thanks .

Bot on
SV

paco
03-06-2007, 02:56 PM
I use pretty much the defaults apart from 3D Ramp Threshold which I set to 150. I run an Alpha only...

steve4460
03-06-2007, 03:20 PM
Hi Paco

So that is the only thing I would have to change ?.Will that one setting speed up the 3 D running times a lot ?. I usualy run a 0.25 end mill for the roughing pass leaving about 1/16 of material for the 1/8 " shopbot ballmill to clean up at 8"ips and the Z move speed at 3.5"ips .Things come out nice and clean . I just want it to a little faster .

Thanks

SV