PDA

View Full Version : Extra lines in DXF import

shuttle
06-18-2001, 04:32 PM
I am converting EPS files to DXF using trueSpace,
but I am getting a lot of extra lines. Any suggestions?

This was just the inner & outer lines before opening in Vector

jkforney@yahoo.com
06-18-2001, 09:45 PM
Rob
Extra lines are coming from either truespace or the original eps file. Vector isn't adding anything to your export. You can try change reorganize to remove extra line that are on top of each other.

Also I have had great luck in importing eps files into Sign Wizard from Aries Graphics and then exporting them to a dxf. When I bring the dxf into Vector it requires no clean up. If you like, email the eps to me and I'll try the dxf export routine and see if it is cleaner. When I export the eps to dxf one of the options is polyline. That is the one I use. If I use the explode option I get garbage.

John Forney

rootam@cantv.net
01-15-2003, 02:17 PM
Jhon
I'm tying to bring a .dxf of a difficult surface into Vector, but it has too many lines. I'm importing from Deneba CAD.
It is very hard to clean it in Vector,but I don't know other way to do it, in fact I have not been able to do it yet.
Also, how do you do with the cutter commpensation when you are importing a .dxf surface.

rgbrown@itexas.net
01-15-2003, 03:20 PM
I'm not familiar with Vector's surfacing features as I have an older version. However, http://www.imsrv.com/discus/messages/12/12.html?1038162981 is the Vector forum where they have many answers.

HTH,
Ron