PDA

View Full Version : Help with removing excess material

wegner81
03-07-2008, 07:02 PM

Trying to remove the excess corners so i'll be able to send this to a costumer for a sample, we ran a toolpath preview and tried using the "remove excess material" option with no luck

paco
03-07-2008, 08:16 PM
Simply create a surrounding close vector and use it (with your perimeter sign vector) to pocket out (the full thickness) the remaining material left from the previewer. This is a workaround for inside leftover as well as when there's tabs.

I'm a bit surprised that the "remove excess..." function doesn't work in that particular case; it usually happen in more complex/close shapes.

wegner81
03-07-2008, 10:12 PM
Thanks Paco Just getting the hang of things. So I appreciate the fast reply. I just finished building 21 Adirondack chairs my brain is a little soft from all that production work. These signs will be mounted on the fronts with different sponsors. To bad my bot was not running in time to help with the chairs. Thanks agian from the rookie

tomb
03-07-2008, 10:30 PM
Kevin,
Go back into material setup box and increase the size of your material in the Y axis so that the extra material at the bottom is one piece and not two seperate ones. When it is only one piece the delete excess material will work.
TomB

khaos
03-08-2008, 12:02 PM
Tom, Great Tip! Thanks.