PDA

View Full Version : Can't open v3 after install

Troyer
11-27-2003, 11:55 AM
I have intalled v3 on one comuter with no problem, but now when I intall it on the computer to run the shopbot, everything installs ok but when I try to open it up it comes up with the error "class does not support automation or does not support expected interface".There was'nt a beta version installed before.Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Don

Nancy
11-27-2003, 04:39 PM
Do you have latest version of DirectX installed - think it's version 9?

Troyer
11-27-2003, 07:37 PM
No Nancy, I did a search for it and there was no file of it on the computer. Where can I get this. I'm not familiar with this program.Thanks. Don

bill.young
11-27-2003, 08:26 PM
You probably won't see it listed as a program...DirectX is Microsoft's multimedia technology and it's pretty well integrated into Windows.

You can tell what version you have and test how well it's working, however, by clicking the Start button and then Run. In the box that opens type "dxdiag", hit enter, and the DirectX diagnostic program will start. The first page will tell you about your computer and video card, and also the version of DirectX that you have installed. If you root around in the other tabs you'll find all kinds of other info and tests.

If you don't have the most recent version (9.0b I think), you can download it through Windows Update or at www.microsoft.com/directx . You may also have to update your video card drivers, but it's a good idea to keep them up to date anyway.

Bill

Troyer
11-29-2003, 11:37 AM
Thanks Bill and Nancy for your info.Sure is nice to know there is support out there even on Thanksgiving. I have been having so many problem with the computer that I ended up buying a new one for a really good price the day after thanksgiving. The shopbot software loaded on that computer with no problems. Again thanks, and have a blessed holiday season. Don