PDA

View Full Version : A keyboard trick

bill.young
04-25-2001, 06:51 PM
I just learned a Windows and DOS keyboard trick that's pretty handy. When you're running the ShopBot software, especially in DOS without a mouse, you can use the TAB key to move around between fields in the fill-in sheets. Unfortunately it's easy to get too enthusiastic and accidentally go past a field that you wanted to change, and then have to hit the TAB key until you go through all the fields and back to the one you missed. It's a minor pain I'll admit, but a pain none-the-less.

To keep from having to go through all the fields, hold down the SHIFT key and THEN hit the TAB key. You'll move backwards to the field that you just came from.

Bill

cerberus_333@hotmail.com
02-18-2002, 11:08 PM
shift tab typically goes back a field in DOS/windows
so you dont have to go through all the fields

Wdyasq@yahoo.com
02-18-2002, 11:18 PM
Perry,

While you are learning NEW tricks, start using the right button of the mouse on everything for while. You will be amazed what commands are there.

m15observer@hotmail.com
09-20-2002, 07:32 AM
Brand new at this.....how do you scan or even find "help"

rgbrown@itexas.net
09-20-2002, 03:38 PM
Help For?

A little more information might help.....

Ron

edwardmc
09-20-2002, 04:17 PM
I.m new at it to ,But if you are talking about scananing a picture to convert to a shopbot file just scan and save then open the file with corel ocs trace then trace the pic. using the outline tool then save as a vector then go to type file and pick dxf. save the file then open the file with part wizard and do your tool path. you will need to move the image as corel saves the file with x0 y0 in the center of the screen and you want to move you x0y0 to the lower left corner. hope I gest right as to what you want to do if not reply to me and I well try to help if I can as I say I;m new also just had my shopbot fo 4 weeks now Good luck Ed