PDA

View Full Version : CRIBBAGE HOLES

coach
11-13-2008, 08:20 PM
I am interested in the cribbage boards shown on the forum.
I am new using part works and cannot figure out how to design the peg holes in a circle.
I do have an air drill so I was hoping to employ it.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Dave

butch
11-13-2008, 09:25 PM
David
I have been building cribbage boards for couple of years. The way I build the hole, is this.
First I draw a circle or oval in VCarve. I cut this Oval at the top and the bottom by using the node editor, leaving enough room for any designs or engravings I place at the top and bottom.
Then I go into Text and type 1/2 the board of o's. I type 'ooooo ooooo ooooo....etc, until I have either 30 or 60 depending on the board I am building. I then align the letters to the 1/2 oval, telling it to fill the space. Change these to vectors by highlighing, right click, 'Change to curves'. I then go through and delete the outer circle on each of these, to eliminate double drilling. I repeat this for any additional players. I now have half a board, then it is easy to copy and flip that half over to the other side.
Takes a little time, but that is the only way I found to do ovals. I did figure out how to do circles using circular array, but it never worked for ovals.
I then drill these holes .22 deep using peck drilling and a 1/8" bit.
Hope this makes sense. Several steps and takes some time, but after making about 100 oval boards it isn't that bad per board.

Butch

coach
11-16-2008, 10:14 AM
Butch, thanks for the information. I will be trying it out this week.

David

myxpykalix
11-16-2008, 09:07 PM
http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19346 do a search as i've seen bunches of cribbage board designs over time