PDA

View Full Version : How to change the up/down speed adjustments?

sam
05-13-2008, 05:43 PM
During running a file I know that feed speed adjustment for SHOP BOT 3 is Shift < for slower & Shift > for faster, but how can I change the up/down speed adjustments? It seems that it is always to slow at its up/down plunge.

myxpykalix
05-13-2008, 05:57 PM
I don't think there is a adjustment for Z speed on the fly. Regardless, if you are cutting a 3d file that requires a lot of up/down Z movement it can only go so fast because of the safe Z height you give it on the "cutter" tab on the shopbot console.
If you have a .25 safe Z height whether you can set your Z speed to 1 or 10 ips I think it will only go so fast before it reaches its limit.

My analogy is lets say you have 2 city blocks with 2 stop signs that are 100 feet long each. Block one speed limit is 10 mph and block two speed limit is 50 mph. You won't be able to get to 50mph before you have to slow down and stop so the higher speed limit on the street won't work. Same thing with a bot. I hope my analogy makes sense.

srwtlc
05-13-2008, 11:38 PM
If you want to change the Z speed during a file, hit (S) and one of the choices you'll be given is to "Insert Command". Type (MS) and the fill-in sheet for move speeds will come up. Change to what you want and hit enter and then "Resume".