PDA

View Full Version : Changing feed rate while running program

chandler@n-link.com
06-12-1999, 11:35 PM
Is there any way to raise or lower the feed rate while a program is running? It would be nice to be able to do that while you are watching the cut.

seaside@esva.net
06-13-1999, 09:31 AM
Don,

If you're using the beta9 software ( maybe beta 8 as well, but I'm not sure), you can stop the file by hitting the "S" key, type "I" for "insert command", type MS or JS at the prompt at the bottom of the screen, then type the new speed setting. Then type "R" for resume and it will pick up where it left off, at the new speed.

Bill

sheldon@dingwallguitars.com
03-16-2001, 07:10 PM
Is it possible to program different speeds in the same part file?

For instance when 3D surfacing there may be areas that need to run a little slower due to more material being taken off, whereas in areas of lighter cutting, the feeds could be raised.

bill.young
03-17-2001, 09:34 AM
Sheldon,

You sure can. Just insert a line in your part file with one of the speed setting commands ( MS, JS, VS ) and your new speed; MS, 0.1 for example to set your XY move speed to .1 in/sec.

Bill

davidallen
07-03-2001, 08:34 AM
is there a way to read the current speed setting? I want to modify it to run slower, but then return it to the prior setting. I was hoping that a system variable could be accessed, but didn't see it the new list.

da

birdsofplay
07-03-2001, 09:09 AM
SS,x-y-move-speed, z-move-speed,x-y-jog-speed,z-jog-speed

Just like from the keyboard.

davidallen
07-03-2001, 07:18 PM
that'll set the speed. what I want to do is programatically determine the current setting so I can save it and restore it later.

da

brian ferguson
07-04-2001, 04:47 PM
Using the S command and then inserting a line during a file doesn't seem to work for me. I figured it was a bug, since as soon as I resume the file it jumps several lines down in the code, skipping steps and generally making a mess of the work since ZUPs get missed. Am I the only one experiencing this with the S command?

jkforney@yahoo.com
07-04-2001, 05:33 PM
The insert command has some problems with it. I don't use it at all since some of the time I get a total loss of my existing locations (usually x & y). I think shopbot is working on it.

John Forney

brian ferguson
07-04-2001, 08:57 PM
The insert command works fine for me if I simply stop the file using the space bar. I've used that to change cutting speed during a file several times. Just not the ramped stop...

olivier
07-05-2001, 06:19 PM
The insert command has always been a problem for me as well.
I usually stop with "s" and record the line number.
After having changed the speed, I restart from this line number using "FG".

Any comments from others on this insert command thing ?

Olivier

srwtlc
07-05-2001, 10:52 PM
I've had no problems changing the speed with an inserted command after the "S" key, but I have had a problem when running a file after going to a certain line with the "FG" command where it will not recognize tabbing commands thereafter. (VB,)