PDA

View Full Version : Help for drilling speed

apotvin
03-04-2007, 08:50 PM
Sorry for my English, I am a French Canadian.

Somebody it already tried to improve the speed of the air drill on a prt alpha. I manufacture kitchens cabinets , I have from 50 to 150 shelves holes to bore per sheet of melamine.

The air drill takes 2 seconds by holes, that appears enormous to me.

any suggestions

Alain

paco
03-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Baonjoüe Aline!

1)How high is the "safe Z" is set and can it changed?

2)Can you speed up something in the process; I believe there's a dwell time for the drill to achieve it's full RPM (does it need that?), can the plunge speed be changed SAFELY (same question for the retract stage)?

3)Do you watch all the machining process?... have you consider spending that time on better things to do like sipping your coffee or watching the Talk ShopBot forum?

Maybe there's some tweaks that can be made in the drilling cycle code (drilling routine)... still depends on from which CAM package it came from.

I can tell you that it appear longer to me with the router with a 1/4" CED straight edges tool bit (2 pecks; 3 for drill through)...

cip
03-05-2007, 06:48 AM
Alain, you can increase the speed by removing the damper on the left side of the drill and tweaking the adjustment for plunge speed.
I have mine down to about one second per hole.
If you use this procedure you must use the type of drill bit that is used in a line bore machine or the hole will be rough around the edges.

Mike

apotvin
03-05-2007, 04:47 PM
Tank you Mike for this info.

Alain