PDA

View Full Version : Converting graphics

gordon@eoni.com
03-28-1999, 05:51 PM
I'm very new to cnc routing. I've figured out how to manipulate and cut different font's using turbo cad. What I need to do though is modify and cut out a graphic image. How is this done?

smartin@donek.com
06-23-1999, 10:36 AM
If the image is a vector type image (from Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw) you should be able to cut from those programs and paste into ACAD. Then Export as a DXF and convert to your SBP file. I know this is rather long and I'm kind of new to the ShopBot thing, so there may be a simpler way.

smartin@donek.com (mailto:smartin@donek.com)
Sean Martin
Donek Snowboards Inc.

ccr
07-02-1999, 02:35 PM
I use Corel Draw to create my image as an EPS, send it over to CASMate Pro where I can set outlines and do a hundred other tweaks, then send the modified image as a dxf to the Shopbot software. This works almost always perfect for 2D images. I also do a bit of 3D lettering using Enroute. I can make lettering look amazing as long as its size doesn't exceed the size of my cutting bit. If you have any questions about these don't be afraid to email me. I'm always looking for help and appreciate when others are there who know what they're doing.

Cory Ryan
Artisan Goods