PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Wagon

shuttle
05-29-2001, 02:02 AM
a:

5277dxfme.jpg

shuttle
05-29-2001, 02:15 AM
Hi everyone, I dont know how many botters are new here or how many join the ranks day by day, I am In Toronto, maybe the first Botter here?? I am enjoying it and find Vector to be very useful.
I have worked with wood, metals and plastics for over 20 years, and for the past 5 or so years I have studied 3D modeling in TrueSpace and learned a lot about converting different formats of 3D files, so I have come full circle.
I have exported a DXF file from a video frame into Vector and I cant seem to get the cutting direction arrows pointing the same way, I'll try to attach a pic...

shuttle
05-29-2001, 02:19 AM
Oh good it worked. Its hard to see the problem due to the 10K limit of upload files.

jkforney@yahoo.com
05-29-2001, 09:20 AM
Rob
Try Change Reorganize. That will eliminate any double lines. If you shift select in the direction you want Vector will stop at the point where the chain ends. You may find that you have small gaps in the chain. Shift select the second chain in the direction you want to go and with both chains selected try draw line connect. If you have small gaps this should join the and make one chain. Just keep doing this untill all of the chains are one and going in the correct direction. By the way shift select at the end of the chain in the direction you want to go.

Also send me the dxf and I'll have a look at it.

John Forney

jkforney
05-29-2001, 10:57 AM
For All
Rob sent me the dxf file and all that was necessary was Change Reorganize. This and lots and lots more including inlays and raster to vector is covered in the Shopbot/Vector 2 day training class at Imservice. If you want to get a 6 to 8 month jump on the learning curve call 800 386-1670. Classes are held once a month and space is available for our June 15th Class.

John Forney