PDA

View Full Version : Portable PR96

stargategfx
01-20-2004, 05:21 PM
My job requires me to relocate from time to time, sometimes three times a year. Has anybody done any mods to make a PR96 easier to move and set up?
I was thinking of folding table legs, maybe builing forklift tangs into the table.
Any suggestions?

Brady Watson
01-20-2004, 06:21 PM
William,
If I had to do it, I would consider an enclosed 'Haulmark' type trailer with ramp to put it in. A cheap winch inside the trailer will aid in getting it in and out. You'll probablly want a 6X10' trailer. I'm not keen on the idea of an open trailer for many reasons.

To move the machine, I would buy 4 trailer tongue jacks (like this one or better http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=41004 ) and attach them to the bot. When you want to move it, just put them into position and crank them up. When you want to set the table, let it rest on the factory legs.

Ratchet strap or clamp the X and Y cars to the rails and carefully coil up the wires and control box. Roll into trailer and secure as necessary.

It doesn't get much easier than that.

-Brady

stargategfx
01-20-2004, 06:40 PM
Very clever Brady, I'm going to look into these.
As far as a trailer goes, we have drivers with cube vans to get us around...only problem I could see with your solution would be getting the table onto the lift-gate.
I'm going to go do some measuring.