PDA

View Full Version : Zzero plate

mikelush
01-24-2008, 07:58 PM
hello,

I'm new to this shopbot thing and I'm looking for some help using the z zero plate. I've hooked it up, but I don't think I'm using it correctly and the manual isn't much help. Is there a command you can use so the router drops down to the plate or is it an all manual operation. Also, when the bot is at the height of the plate, is that the zero? Does the program know this automatically and adjust for the height of the plate? Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
Mike

bill.young
01-24-2008, 08:16 PM
Hey Mike,

See if this video helps. It uses the ShopBot Buddy for the example, but the steps are exactly the same for all the tools.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaUTzTVBFzs

Bill

bill.young
01-24-2008, 08:23 PM
Hey Mike,

Sorry, I missed your second question.

The thickness of the plate is automatically compensated for in the ZZeroing routine, using a default plate thickness of 0.121". If your plate measures something different from that, you can change it using ShopBot Setup in the Tools menu.

Bill

myxpykalix
01-24-2008, 11:42 PM
when you say "the router drops down" and you saying that you manually lower the router with the down arrow key to have it hit the zzero plate? If so, then all you need to do is position the zzero plate below the bit and hit "C2" and that is an automatic operation to set the z height. Is that what you were asking?

mikelush
01-25-2008, 04:03 PM
That's very helpful guys. I knew I was doing something a little wrong.