PDA

View Full Version : Alternative for cordless keyboard

ctoddh
01-26-2002, 03:29 AM
I have seen many people ask about a keyboard that you can use in a ShopBot enviornment and not have to worry about.
Many have talked about the use of rf wireless keyboards to help them out. What I have done is bought one of the "virtually indestructable keyboards" from my local Radio Shack. This keyboard is a bit higher priced than an el chepo $12 keyboard it runs about $39.95. They show on their advertisement that you can take a cup of coffee and dump it on the key board and it works fine.
The day I bought this keyboard I walked into the shop and took a handfull of MDF dust and threw it onto th keyboard and I went from there. I have been using this keyboard within 4 feet of the center of my table for two months and have absolutely no problems. I use a Belkin keyboard splitter that I bought of ebay so I can run my main computer keyboard on the other side of the wall with one keyboard and when I am on the shop floor I can run it of the other keyboard.
Also in the ad for the keyboard they show that you can roll it up and fit it inside a standard size coffee cup. The keyboard also has mounting holes so you can mount it vertically. If you guys have any questions I can send you photos and tell you about my setup.

Wdyasq@yahoo.com
01-26-2002, 09:43 PM
Thank you Todd