PDA

View Full Version : Tramming brackets

gabepari
03-06-2009, 06:29 PM
I got tired of tramming the z-axis with a mallet

So added a few brackets and now I don't need to loosen-whack-tighten-whack-loosen-tighten-whack-check-curse-whack-loosen-etc... to adjust the z-axis.

If any PRT users would like, I will send you a drawing and a list of the hardware I used.

Gabe

robredick
03-06-2009, 07:04 PM
Oh thank ya kind Sir.

In a few weeks I am going to rip it all apart and fit a second z on the old girl. I do think that I will borrow a little from you on this one.

jon
08-14-2009, 07:23 PM
Here are some shots of my mods, I was pleased to see that we had come up with the same idea for the head unit. I can fine tune my z axis to be perfectly vertical, something that is now easy, and before was tedious. Another great improvement was replacing my worn x and z rails. For some reason my y rails aren't worn as much. I will replace them next, along with the motor upgrade, but I'm not sure it will be with BWC products. I'm really liking that tubular extrusion I've seen on the heavily modded prt 96 I've seen on the forum. I'm also considering building a custom gantry consisting of one massive, but hollow beam. I'm considering copying a wing box beam structure from aircraft aluminum 7075 t6 (very strong alloy). I think this will keep mass down, but reduce deflection to insignificant levels.