PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy snake oil tape and gerber mask?

blackhawk
02-17-2010, 02:49 PM
1) snake oil mask - Where do you buy the vinyl transfer tape with the rubber cement backing to use with the snake oil mask method? Exact brand name and mfr part numbers would be helpful.

2) Gerber mask II - Is this only available in 50 yard rolls? Does anyone know of a supplier that sales it in smaller quantities? 10 or 20 yards would be ideal.

Thanks

garyb
02-17-2010, 04:43 PM
"TransferRite"

Here's one link but I'm sure you will plenty if you google
http://www.cutterpros.com/proddetail.php?prod=TransferRiteStandard

can't help with the gerber

cnc_works
02-17-2010, 11:57 PM
Sun Supply, which has many locations throughout the country, sells me a foot of Gerber Mask II at a time. They also carry the transfer tape.

Donn

blackhawk
02-18-2010, 09:30 AM
Thanks Gary and Donn,

Donn - What is the exact transfer tape that you use from Sun Supply? Part number? thanks

cnc_works
02-18-2010, 07:32 PM
Brad, like Gary said, it is Transferrite. I didn't see any other designation on the role, but I don't think there is a big variety in availability. I think this is the higher tack tape. Probably any vinyl sign shop near you would give you enough to try out.

As I mentioned before, if you have problems with fuzzing out of the edges (a little is normal, but mine were .25" long or more and interfering with paint spray) paint the surface of the transfer tape with lacquer or shellac and let it crisp up before cutting.

Donn