PDA

View Full Version : Corel Draw

dheise
05-17-2004, 01:46 PM
I have a friend who wants their business card enlarged and made into a sign 32" x 24" with the text and graphic in raised format with a 2" raided border all around. No problem scanning the graphic and matching the text into Corel Draw 8. Have also sucessfully exported as .dxf file into Vector. In Area Clear with Raster cutting, it formats the text as raised letters but the graphic is covered with the familiar horizontal toolmath lines. How do I get the graphic to be raised format as well. Could it be related to open gaps in the toolpath of the graphic? Have tried to use Weld but no go.

srwtlc
05-17-2004, 04:04 PM
David,

Yes, you could have some breaks or overlaps in the outline, but also check to see if its all at z=0 (not on different levels). If you used any of the line tools in Corel (i.e. bezier), do a walk ahead in Vector, using ctrl+W, on your outline and see if it stops before going all the way back to the start point. If it stops, check where it stops for a small entity (most often just an arrow with no attributes at the end of a line) and delete it, then ctrl+W from there until you get it to make a complete chain. I get these small non-entities often when using Corel. Usally each node will have one.

dheise
05-17-2004, 09:20 PM
Bingo! Thanks Scott for the information. I did use the bezier tool to edit the nodes at one point. Your advice worked perfect. I'm ready for the chips to fly.

srwtlc
05-18-2004, 12:04 AM
Glad to have been helpful. Those pesky node non-entities have always been a pain. The only way to get all of them that I have found is to manually walk through each path and delete them. I have found one thing that seems to take care of it though. I've been exporting from Corel as a .eps, open it in Turbocad and save as a .dxf, then open it in Vector.

Scott