PDA

View Full Version : ECabs 6 Build 2 is out

dlcw
02-24-2010, 05:42 PM
Thermwood has released eCabients version 6 build 2.

http://www.ecabinetsystems.com/ecabinet_systems_updates.htm

Don
www.dlwoodworks.com (http://www.dlwoodworks.com)

thewoodcrafter
02-24-2010, 08:21 PM
Don,

I click on that link and it goes to a download for 6.1

I don't see anything for 6.2.

nat_wheatley
02-24-2010, 08:30 PM
Roger,

I just checked Don's link and it does work for me. Try hitting 'Reload' or 'Refresh' when you get to the page that he's linked to. I had a similar issue downloading SB's control software once, and that cleared it up.

Nat

thewoodcrafter
02-24-2010, 08:41 PM
That did it Nat.

Thanks.

ken_rychlik
02-24-2010, 09:28 PM
Read the ecab forum before downloading.

I am glad I was at a job site today and didn't have a chance to download it.

There seem to be many problems with this release.

Gary Campbell
02-24-2010, 11:13 PM
I downloaded it and am working and reporting some errors. Seems to be better in many ways than build 1. (glass half full version)
Gary

ken_rychlik
02-25-2010, 08:43 AM
I understand Gary, but when Joe Dusel post a warning, I am inclined to liseten. He has been beta testing ecabs for a long time.

I have confidence they will get it ironed out.

I wonder how the speed issues are going with your trips to the fridge between mouse clicks ??

Kenneth

joe_dusel
02-28-2010, 09:42 PM
I believe it is safe to download Build 2 now. Thermwood very quickly fixed the problem that was causing the hardware and materials databases to be deleted. It is still always a good idea to backup regularly just in case a restore is necessary. That was what saved me this time.

This new build not only fixes a bunch of bugs in Build 1, it also gives some great new features - like the Adjust Cabinet Features in the Batch Editor.

Of course, there are still bugs to be found in this build of the software. And the best way to get things fixed that are broken is to report them to Thermwood. They are pretty responsive to correcting problems, especially those that affect the operation of the machines.

Joe

thewoodcrafter
02-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Thanks Joe.

I'll give it a try now.

Gary Campbell
02-28-2010, 10:12 PM
I am with Joe...
Luckily as I was in the middle of a large job that was designed in V5.2, I didnt have anything to lose with the V6b1 install. I have installed V6b2 now and have cut about a dozen sheets with it. Like Joe says, use it, report to Thermwood, and will be fixed. They are especially interested in hearing if there any any problems going to machine.
Gary