PDA

View Full Version : Colorcore Golf Signs

reiser25
05-14-2009, 09:52 AM
I am looking at using King colorcore for some teebox signs for a local golf course. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get other colors onto the sign since nothing will stick to the colorcore material itself. I was thinking about doing some type of inlay with sintra or some other material that could be prefinished and then attached to the colorcore. Any thoughts/pics? Thanks, Josh

bryson
05-14-2009, 10:04 AM
Josh, I have used Sikaflex 252 for this purpose. I have used it with ColorCore to ColorCore and ColorCore to Celtec. I have also used Fusor 160 double sided emblem/transfer tape. I keep everythin flush and tight fitting.
Bryson

reiser25
05-14-2009, 11:22 AM
Bryson,

Is colorcore easy to work with? Not sure where you are at but is there a source you know of in the Midwest?
Josh

bryson
05-14-2009, 12:28 PM
Josh, It's very easy to work with but it does have limitations on colors. I use it a lot in high traffic and graffiti areas since it cleans easily. The only bits that I like for cutting text is Centurion and Unsrud 15º engraving bits.The larger flat bottom diameter the better. They will cut with very little (if any) fuzz left behind. I live in PA so you will have to search King ColorCor for a dealer near you.
Bryson

srwtlc
05-14-2009, 08:11 PM
Hi Josh,

I see your in WI too. Try Laird Plastics in Madison, WI (800)873-8427

Scott

dakers
05-15-2009, 07:36 AM
Josh go to search topics and type in "color core"
then second search "resin pour"
adjust your search settings to get the best results.