PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Coroplast

sebago_signworks
05-04-2009, 10:13 PM
I need to cut (50) 46" Ice Cream Cones with coroplast. Any bit suggestions before I get started?

Thanks

pro70z28
05-04-2009, 11:43 PM
Low bit RPM's, straight cut or spiral down bit to keep the material on the table. I've done several life size cut outs of people on the large format printer and then backed them up with 1/4'' or 1/2'' coroplast depending on print size. I cut them counter clockwise.(can't remember off hand what that setting is called on the Bot) so the bit cuts away from the part. Cuts the part cleaner. It's not my preference for print backing, but it is economical material.

mklafehn
05-10-2009, 07:30 PM
I just cut 30 YIELD signs and 14 STOP signs from 4mm coroplast. I tried using a straight bit (1/8") and it still left the infamous 'tails' from the flutes. So I decided to try a smaller bit (1/16") with 3 flutes thinking that the small kerf it left would act as a hold down since very little material is actually cut. WOW! it worked great. No 'tails', the signs stayed on the table with the vacuum and very little cleanup.
I used a 1/16" 3-flute bit from PRECISE BITS @ 14k and 2ips. Feed was conventional (counterclockwise). This bit also works well for gatorfoam too.