PDA

View Full Version : Pitchin In

joe
08-10-2008, 09:21 PM
I owe a word of thanks to my good friend Dennis Sapp who came over for three days last week to stand in while Terry recovers. Also I was graced by a visit from Gary Moore who came up from Texas, Saturday, to give a helping hand.

Both fellows know how to knock out the work. I showed Gary my texturing technique, using PB Crack Filler, and he finished up three 3'X8' panels then moved on to painting and blending. We also finished routing forty four 8" extira letters. It was a very productive day with lots of fun. I'm not sure but I think this was Gary's first introduction to carving and finishing Extira. He took to it like a duck in water.

The above photo is one of three Timber Creek signs he worked on. There was also copper Sculpt Nouveau fixtures on each end which he worked on.

Anyone in the vicinity who's interested in coming by, just show up. Visitors are always welcome. I work em hard though. Just ask Gary.

Joe

gary_n
08-11-2008, 07:37 PM
I think Joe's memory lost a step or two--that last name should be Norman, not Moore. No hard feelings Joe. I had a great time and glad I could help out. He is a great sign artist. Really, he will let you work as hard as you want, but the benefits are very good--good food, and lots and lots of good tips and techniques. Again, thanks Joe for the time we had together.

joe
08-11-2008, 09:36 PM
Thanks Gary,

It's a name woops on my part Gary. Unforgiveable. My favorite insurance agent's name is Gary Moore. He's never given me any help with signs though.

I agree, we had a good time while completing a mountain of work. My client picked up the letters we worked on this morning and was delighted at the quick turnaround, thanks to you.

I've almost completed the "Chisolm Trails Rach" sign that's bound for Australia. Will send you a snap before it goes.

Your welcome to come by at any time to hang out, work, or just watch.

Joe
www.normansignco.com (http://www.normansignco.com)

myxpykalix
08-11-2008, 10:56 PM
Joe you better turn your spellchecker on when you go to make the sign bound for australia...lol

btw, do you make a 3d or 2d representation picture for your clients to sign and ok before you proceed?

joe
08-12-2008, 01:45 AM
Jack,

Yes I have problems with spelling.

I'm quiet capable of messing up a sign. However each project has hours of drawing and concepts. That along with the clients approval keeps me on the right track.

Dyslexia has different levels of severity. Mine varies with the amount of pressure and how tired I am.

One of my best spell checkers is R. Chapman. He picks up everything.

Joe
www.normansignco.com (http://www.normansignco.com)

gary_n
08-12-2008, 08:19 AM
Check your email.