PDA

View Full Version : New Botter needs help

kc10flteng
11-15-2006, 10:50 PM
Howdy Guys...I could use a little advice on how to deal with a potential money maker for my new bot. The project is as follows, the US Air Force symbol, the outline of which will be cut somehow "chromed or silvered" then an "inlay" (deep metallic blue color) of some sort produced - these are hard customer requirements. Dealing with a substrate is not the issue here (unless I paint) but rather is there a product that I can buy (specifically the metallic deep blue) which I would bond to a substrate and then CNC the inlays out. I'd like to stay away from paints - if possible as my expertise is in woodworking and not painting. Please let me know if you know of any products/ideas that could get me close. Thanks, Ronzo

popjpeg{16315,Air Force Symbol}

kc10flteng
11-15-2006, 10:53 PM
OK...here's the pic of what I'm talking about

Brady Watson
11-15-2006, 11:14 PM
Clear blue colored plex over a white or silver background would probably do the trick.

-B

jhicks
11-19-2006, 10:00 AM
Ron, Check into Di Bond. Its an aluminum skin on plastic PVC core. It looks like its available in a glossy chrome finish with an inner blue core.
Even looks like some mirrored finish.
Similar to color core style material but metalic finishes.
Made by ALCAN composites and available through most sign shop supply companies like GE polymershapes Grimco etc.