PDA

View Full Version : Fusion board and envirostone signs

dakers
07-25-2009, 08:26 PM
here are some quick uploads of how we tried to market high density urethane. i came up with the name fusion board because i did not think people would pay lot of money for anything with the word foam in it.
HDU is ok. i made this sell sheet to show people what we could do.
the sell sheets at the bottom shows how we can mix hdu with foamcraft signs we renamed foam craft to be called envirostone. the ohio legacy is a peachtree foamcraft sign, i designed it in two pieces for shipping and install. the letters are hdu with paladium leaf on top and painted hdu for dentist.
you can see the sell sheets for the foamcraft signs. some were peachtree designs and many were our origials that i did in corel draw. it was strange because after we came out with this we had seen our exact same designs on other sign shop web sites. We feel that what is good for signs is good for us. When customers are aware of what is out there they begin to request it. so it helps everyone. it is like coca cola. now that everyone knows it is out there it has a following.

dakers
07-25-2009, 08:43 PM
As a point of interest. The peoples sign was approx. 12'' thick with (hollow with baffles for posts) the signfoam,paint cost we used cost nearly what the foam craft sign would have cost delivered ready to apply graphics.
The peoples sign is what really sent us in the direction of peachtree foamcraft for monuments rather than make them from sign foam.
The Jekyll sign was extremely complicated to make from signfoam. I think we lost money on it due to labor time. it should have been a foamcraft structure as well.
the Bob-o- link sign was intersting. we purchase a high density urethane golf ball from a company that sell them as stock items. then i cut it in half on the band saw and glued it to the signfoam.
some of the signs have digital printed inlays(whispering meadows) we have a hp designjet 9000s that we print images for inlays, etc. typically we print on clear and apply subsurface using a uv resistant lexan. We had a router from another company back then. It was not shopbot. I am so glad we have a shopbot now. it is just so user friendly compared to the last two routers we had. these were mostly made back in the mid 90's

beacon14
07-25-2009, 10:03 PM
we renamed foam craft to be called envirostone

Dick I knew you were creative, but to be able to take something made of foam and make it seem like it's made of stone, well, that just tops it all!

Keep up the good work and the tutorials. May your generosity be repaid many times over.

joe
07-26-2009, 05:23 AM
Dick,

I'm having a problem reading your post. Please re-post with only a couple of signs side by side.