PDA

View Full Version : Selecting Sheet to cut

bill_lumley
06-19-2009, 07:51 PM
I discovered I have a problem where my air drill will not cover the entire X length . It falls short about 5" from the end of the table . I can attribute that to where I mounted the legs on my table. It means I have my table offset where it should be . I attribute this to the lack of clarity in the installation manual and I have been living with it till now. Before I get aroung to tearing my table down I need to get a job done and that means I will have to leave some sheets till the end and juggle parts to avoid hitting the 'dead spot' on my table .

Question is when I have my TWD file loaded and nested it shows selectable sheets . It gives the appearance you can cut any sheet in any order but when you say 'write to Shopbot' it appears to calculate every sheet again . Is this a red herring and it really will cut the sheet shown in the nest diagram ?

Thanks Bill

Gary Campbell
06-19-2009, 08:31 PM
Bill...
You will have the option to select your sheets if you first check that option in setup.

When you LOAD the TWD and nest using the Link, that is the cut layout that is sent to the ShopBot to cut. Unless you check the select sheet option, it will cut ALL sheets shown in the nest diagram(s).
Gary

bill_lumley
06-19-2009, 09:10 PM
Thanks Gary ... for all your support getting this working . It has been a long journey but I am slowly getting there. I have also had great support from Thermwood and Nat Wheatley . Soon I should be able to help others

Bill