PDA

View Full Version : Almost finished

kevin
02-07-2010, 12:25 PM
This kitchen waiting for room to be ready. Ahead for a change.
I'am using cabinet part pro it works well
Notice e cabinet is getting agressive with online traning
Might swith using extra time to learn 3d as you can see with the island

Please increase picture size to 100 kilobytes

Iam using 5 and a half inch crowm

porscheman
02-07-2010, 12:33 PM
VERY NICE.

Did you fab and finish all the cabinet faces yourself? I'm usually not a fan of darker colored maple (I'm pretty sure that's the species), but those results look awesome. The crown molding looks like it's got some nice curly figure.

Hope to see some photos after final installation.

John

myxpykalix
02-07-2010, 12:46 PM
beautiful stuff kevin. go to www.xat.com (http://www.xat.com) and download jpeg optimizer. It will allow you to take a 640x480 picture and reduce the kilobyte size to under 50k so you can post larger pictures i'd like to see for sure. Beautiful work.

kevin
02-07-2010, 01:18 PM
Yes I did all the facing my self
I stumled on proses to make the wood richer more vibrant colors I won't post privat e-mail will tell here a example of another

done with image optimatzer

john_l
02-07-2010, 01:39 PM
Great work!

kevin
04-27-2010, 06:24 PM
I know I'am slow in posting
I've been busy Plus sometimes typing is such a choar for me

The room is finaly ready also added another kitchen
This seems to be what people whan here I would love to do carving now that I've gotten better with software maybe somebody will come along

Also a question for Don the corner draws you used where the expensive and how much? also how complicated to install ?

dlcw
04-27-2010, 06:55 PM
Hi Kevin,

I built the corner drawers myself. They were difficult in that one of the corners was 104 degrees and each front was a different length. The other cabinet was 90 degree but the fronts were different lengths.

A big challenge is getting the drawer slides positioned perfectly so that, when closed, the drawer box will be located in the cabinet at the right depth for the drawer faces to attach properly and the soft-close to work correctly. Then you have to figure out how to attach the drawer faces when you can't get a screw gun in to put screws in place.

All in all the corner drawers are a big hit and people that have seen them all want them in their new kitchen designs.

loriny
04-27-2010, 08:06 PM
Great job. That is very nice.
Lorin

gerryv
04-30-2010, 05:28 PM
Kevin, I have to say that this and other things I've seen from you from time to time are just so very d..m good. What is it with you way-down-easterners when it comes to creativity and polish. This just shouldn't be allowed according to most Albertans (chuckle)!

For our good American friends, so generous with their help and wisdom on this site, this is a kind of inside joke up here in Canuckland so forgive me - if you ever get a chance to "do" way-down-east Canada, it's great because of these hidden jewels. Not much different from your north-east that you'll likely enjoy just as much really.

kevin
05-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the kind words
I.am from Toronto its a long story how I ened up here spent 20 yers in Montreal where I worked in a antique store wher I had my start still infules me years later.
Don Thank for the response who much did the slides cost?
The reason is someone whats those in a kitchen

Roughley who much do you think someone should charge minis the learning curve

dlcw
05-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Kevin,

Those particular slides run about $30USD per pair. For Blumotion slides the price goes to around $65-$70USD per pair. One cabinet had 30" slides and the other had 28" slides.

A rough estimate is around $500USD for a 90 degree cabinet with equal left and right faces with side mounted slides with 3 drawers. It goes up if angles are other then 90 degrees and the faces are unequal in length or they want more then 3 drawers. If the customers wants concealed Blumotion slides the price goes up to cover the additional cost. Blumotion is actually easier to install and more forgiving if the drawer is off a 1/16" here or there. The side mounts are not forgiving in this respect.

dvmike
05-04-2010, 09:31 PM
I made a set of cabinets and a layout table , and I thouth THAT was cool.
Some of you guys can really get your groove on with the Bot !:eek:

jsooter
05-09-2010, 10:17 PM
Don,

Are you guys talking about the Blum Tandem with Blumotion drawer guides?

dlcw
05-09-2010, 10:21 PM
Jason,

Yes, these are the Blum Tandem with Blumotion slides. They are the main slides I use for all my cabinet work. It can get 21" slides from a local for about $17 a pair. Customers love them!

jsooter
05-09-2010, 10:28 PM
Don,

Yes I love them too. There is really no going back after you have used them. They just work so well. Not to mention no customer or person is not impressed when they feel the smoothness and soft close. I get mine for a similar price as well.