PDA

View Full Version : Table Squaring

Bill Thorpe
09-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Here is an image of my setup to square the table. The essential tools are a 6 ft level a smaller level for the legs and at least one tape measure. I use two tapes as I work alone and it saves me time. Before you start be sure the table and leg bolts are not fully tensioned. I nudge, push, tug and tap on the table and legs to get it into alignment. You should find it quite easy to get it to within a 32nd or 64th of an inch.

Click on the URL below for a high-res version of this image.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff208/towersonline/DSC_1057-1.jpg

denver
09-17-2007, 06:13 PM
Also make sure the leg assemblies are square - especially across the ends. If they aren't, the side rails will be tilted.

Thanks,

Denver

brucehiggins
02-09-2008, 10:07 PM
My used shopbot arrived yesterday and I got the table assembled and squared today. I feel like I should get a T-shirt or something for the effort. It was challenging. Using a ratchet tiedown strap across the long diagonal made squaring it up easier. The first time I had it all squared up perfect, then went back and tightened everything up, re-measured and the diagonals were off by 3/8 of an inch. The second time I worked my way around the table, partially tightening the bolts a few times and had better luck.

Towersonline
02-10-2008, 09:57 AM
Bruce, Hopefully the rest of the assembly will go a bit smoother. I had trouble getting the V rollers to rest flat on the rail. It took some time but they came around to my way of thinking!

brucehiggins
02-10-2008, 12:42 PM
I also wanted to mention that I used a laser beam level to get the table level which made that step fast, easy and accurate.