PDA

View Full Version : Vector art needed

rookie432
08-14-2005, 11:38 AM
Any botters out there happen to have a clean vector image of the continents. I have world maps with continents on them but they are a mess for cutting. Looking for just a good clean outline of the main continents. Need to cut them out of pvc for my wife's classroom.

Thanks
Bill

mrdovey
08-14-2005, 11:16 PM
There was some discussion about this on the forum a year or so ago. You might try a search of the archives for "relief maps".

If you're willing to do a bit of work, somewhere (on one or several of about 800 floppies) I have coordinate data for the world's coastlines - by continent. The biggest part of the job would be elimination of tiny islands and converting whatever remains to the particular projection you want.

Brady Watson
08-14-2005, 11:43 PM
Hey Bill,
If you can't get what you need 'donated', TurboSquid (http://www.turbosquid.com) has several vector and mesh files of the continents for sale on their site. Search for "World Map"

-Brady

rookie432
08-15-2005, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the help guys.
Bill Young came through with a decent line drawing. I just needed the outline for a profile cut. My wife is going to use them in her classroom this year as a geography theme.

Bill

bleeth
08-15-2005, 05:02 PM
Post edited for redundancy