PDA

View Full Version : Clean Up File

handh
02-17-2007, 09:25 PM
Guys, I was wondering if anybody has a file that you can run after you cut out a sheet that would move the cutter about 1/8 inch of the spoil board and go from one side to the other to clean up the sawdust. I was at another shop and seen that their cnc had a file that they used called cleanup.It moved over the width of the dust chute for each pass. Also how would you add this to one of your tools. Thanks

Brady Watson
02-17-2007, 09:42 PM
Jeff,
You could make yourself a custom cut (Like C2 or C3 etc) that essentially used the CR command to move the tool around the table to clean up the extra dust. The critical part would be making sure that you positioned the Z axis safely above the spoilboard. If you ran 3/4" material it would be different than if you just ran 1/4" thick material...Assuming that you have the Z in a safe spot, you could write a CR command to go around the table (or even an area clear toolpath using PartWizard etc)...You need to enter in a tool diameter the size of the dust foot. 5 or 6" works well. Set your stepover amount to be 75 to 100% and run it.

It's probably easiest to run the PW file and use one of the programs in ShopBot Labs to change your Z height dynamically...Just a thought...

-Brady

Brady Watson
02-17-2007, 10:26 PM
See attached. It is just a sample PW file. I added a 5" diameter tool to simulate an Alpha style dust foot. Modify to your needs.

Sample_CleanUp.zip (http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/messages/312/Sample_CleanUp-18463.zip) (4.3 k)

myxpykalix
02-18-2007, 12:58 AM
I usually just remove the bit and run the table surfacer program. Or remove the bit and run it up and down manually.

handh
02-18-2007, 10:32 AM
Thanks a bunch Brady, I will mess with it later today and let you know how it works for me. I never thought about creating a bit called dust foot, so simple but yet so hard. I might change the toolpath to raster, I think that it might do a better job on collecting the dust. It seems when I am cutting the dust collection does the worst while it is moving back from the 96 back to 0 point, I hope this makes sense. If I like the way this works can you explain how you add this to Shopbot Control software so that I can select it fast. Thanks again,

Jack, I wanted the file to run a little faster so that it didn't take long to load another sheet. I am using it when I am cutting up melamine.
Jeff

Brady Watson
02-18-2007, 08:26 PM
Here's a ShopBot SBC file. Read it & modify before using. This will create a Custom cut file that you can call up from the control software or from a file.

-B

6713 (0.8 k)

bill.young
02-18-2007, 09:00 PM
Hey Jeff,

If you look in your "C:\Sbparts\custom" folder you'll see a file named "custom_.sbc". It's a template that you can use to create your own custom cuts and includes comments to tell you what you need to do. It might also help to look at the other custom cuts in that folder to see how they work...if you click on them they'll open in the ShopBot Editor.

It's really pretty simple to create your own and they can be awfully helpful, especially for repetitive tasks.

Bill