PDA

View Full Version : HELP! I think i got the wrong router?

myxpykalix
09-12-2006, 03:59 PM
I thought I was getting a variable speed router but when i opened the box what i got was a Porter Cable 7519 NOT a 7518 which is a variable speed router. Since i am just putting my bot together, if i hook it up thru the controller is there a way to regulate the speed thru the software? How are spindle speeds controlled? Should i pack it up and send it back for a 7518? grrrrrrrr....

steve4460
09-12-2006, 07:19 PM
Hi Jack
There is no way that you can control the speed of the router or the spindel with the software .
If you bought this router on your own and not with your shopbot then I would look at the millwouky router It runs a little quiter . check out the posts about that on this forum . You might like what you read. The only thing the software controls is the turning on and off .

Bot on

gerald_d
09-13-2006, 01:39 AM
From this page (http://www.shopbottools.com/spindles.htm) it is quite clear what SB offers. If SB sent you the router, you had better check your voltages.

ShopBot has never controlled the router or spindle speed - you have to walk over to a manual control knob/button away from the keyboard.

myxpykalix
09-13-2006, 08:40 PM
No i didn't buy this from shopbot, got it from another vendor. I have seen speed controls you could buy for router tables, so I thought I might solve my problem that way.

steve4460
09-13-2006, 09:24 PM
Since you went that way , I would try to exchange it for the Milwaukee router that is mentioned in this forum . Do a search and you will find al kinds of good info .

Bot on