PDA

View Full Version : Dazed and confused

ken_rychlik
02-13-2009, 08:30 AM
I brought home a used prt96 yesterday and got it leveled and moving around. I am going to try and cut cabinet parts with it soon. It was funny after I had it wired and plugged in, that it took an hour just to figure out how to move the router around. I will be bugging everyone with all the dumb questions very soon.

Kenneth

cabnet636
02-13-2009, 08:32 AM
there are no dumb questions!

i have lots of broken bits to prove it!

jim

wberminio
02-13-2009, 08:43 AM
Diddo,Jim

After almost 2 years-I still have dumb questions

Erminio

harryball
02-13-2009, 10:13 AM
Until you vacuum clamp youself to the table... you've no room to talk. :-)

/RB

gene
02-13-2009, 10:45 AM
Robert
Thanks for the reminder , I had forgot about that. I did laugh (sorry) Just what i needed this morning.

cabnet636
02-13-2009, 12:26 PM
ROBERT!!!! did you really???

jim

harryball
02-13-2009, 01:50 PM
Apparently you can't search archives but the full story is in there somewhere. Suffice it to say, yes, I trapped my finger tips under a piece of cedar using a gasketed mask while using twin fein vacs. I can personally attest that their holding power is considerable. Circumstances that lead up to the event were simple. The first piece I loaded had a knot pulled out of it by the vac pressure. So I picked it up and grabbed another blank and started placing it on the mask... uhhh... should have turned the feins OFF first.

/RB

chiloquinruss
02-13-2009, 08:07 PM
Thank you Robert. Why you ask? Well I've had my bot running for a little while now and have been very embarrassed by the really 'dumb' stuff I've been doing and so I haven't been posting.

Vacuuming myself to my table has not been one of them 'yet'!
Thank you, I think I feel comfortable enough to start posting again!

I haven't worn out a bit yet, they all seem to break first!
The disadvantage of my spindle is that it is quieter than my duct collector and so I keep forgetting to turn it on and ruin the piece and break the bit! Oops!
BTW, Aspire is just awesome! Russ