PDA

View Full Version : Probe stationary just moving up/down

dave_harris
01-23-2008, 06:47 PM
I have a benchtop and have been probing a violin front to obtain its shape. Probing was going well if long winded (my settings), then the X axis motion stopped and probe just moved up/down.Any suggestions why please? Also could anyone suggest settings to probe such a surface without it taking an estimated 24 hours at the current rate. Thanks

Gary Campbell
01-23-2008, 08:33 PM
Dave...
Read this post... there is some good info from Brady in it. http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/messages/312/25822.html?1196442101
Gary

dave_harris
01-24-2008, 03:15 AM
Gary,
Thanks for your help,I will read and try things today
Dave

dave_harris
01-24-2008, 01:28 PM
Gary,
Some more detail after todays work. I adjusted the sensitivity down as Brady Watson strongly suggests and adjusted the surface tolerance value as I think that if set too low, the probe was being triggered as it moved across. All went well until after an hour the probe was travelling horizontally about 1" above the work but the Z value on the position screen said -0.7" which I had set as the point below which it must not probe . It thought it was at the lowest point but was in mid air! We are getting there but slowly.I rang HQ about this issue and they are dealing with it.
Dave