PDA

View Full Version : New Kitchen Project completed

dlcw
12-10-2009, 11:15 PM
I just recently completed a kitchen project. This project started as a eCabinets design and went through the ShopBot Link to my PRSAlpha for cutting. This is a link to my website where pictures, eCabs renderings and some video are located.

http://www.dlwoodworks.com/Home%20Improvement/Kitchen%20from%20scratch.htm

I decided not to post the pictures here as it is such a hassle to get them all sized properly to post and still be halfway decent quality (even with xat.com editor.

Thanks,

Don
www.dlwoodworks.com (http://www.dlwoodworks.com)

loriny
12-10-2009, 11:32 PM
Nice work.
Lorin

myxpykalix
12-11-2009, 12:22 AM
Great work Don, i like the odd shaped drawers in the corners. If you had them pull out straight from either side you would lose the other side and have dead space, you figured out how to eliminate that, very cool.

njandpa
12-11-2009, 08:33 AM
Thank you for sharing the pictures and information.
What is the choice for the counter top?

bcammack
12-11-2009, 08:36 AM
It appears that you have discovered that those double-door, side-by-side refrigerators aren't really optimal at the end of a counter run, up against a wall. Much the way I have discovered.

I did find that a clear, 1/4" high rubber bumper stuck to the wall where the freezer door handle intersects with it helps minimize grief. Still can't open the freezer door far enough to get a frozen pizza in flat on a shelf, though...

The corner drawers are great and the engraving on the doors are beautiful. You just can't get that sort of cabinetry "off the rack".

kevin
12-11-2009, 11:41 AM
The 3d rendering is killer
I'am shure its easy to sell a kitchen with that rendering
Don how long did it take to do the drawing ?
The doors you made ?
Did you realy go through over a 100 sheets
Nice kitchen

coach
12-11-2009, 11:58 AM
excellent work

wberminio
12-11-2009, 12:02 PM
Great job

benchmench
12-11-2009, 12:59 PM
Great job and Thanks for documenting the whole process with eCabinets and the Link!

ironsides
12-11-2009, 06:52 PM
Hello,

What is "ShopBot Link" everyone is talking about?

I've seen it mentioned in various post's, but I don't know what it is.

George

dlcw
12-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Thank you all for the comments and accolades on the kitchen project. Let me try and answer some of the questions.

1. Counter top - corian
2. How long did eCabs work take - since this was my first big project there was a long learning curve. Overall with learning curve it took about 5 weeks.
3. The doors - every piece of this project including drawer boxes, drawer fronts, doors was done by me. The only thing I purchased was the crown molding.
4. Sheets of plywood - 121 total. This includes 3/4" finished maple, 3/4 hickory, 1/2" finished maple, 5/8" finished baltic birch, 1/4" hickory.
5. What is the Shopbot link - It is a piece of software from Thermwood that takes designs from eCabinets and creates G-code for the Shopbot to cut all your parts. I've attached some screen shots of the Link software. As with all software and computers, there is a learning curve. But what I have posted on my website are the results of that learning curve.

Thanks again everyone,

Don
www.dlwoodworks.com (http://www.dlwoodworks.com)

Gary Campbell
12-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Don...
Good post! Excellent work.
Gary

dlcw
12-12-2009, 02:09 AM
Thanks for the kudo's Gary.

dmidkiff
12-12-2009, 09:29 AM
Don,
Thanks for sharing. Very nice job.