PDA

View Full Version : Debug error in all lines

kencraft
03-09-2009, 10:54 AM
I am just getting my bot up and running. I have run a few sample shopbot files and everything is fine. I tried drawing a couple basic shapes in aspire, circle, squares, etc. I saved the file to a thumb drive and opened it directly from that drive on the computer that controls the shopbot. I received a Development/Debut error line 1 pop up window. In that box it says Command not currently supported( ); ignoring. The error occurs on everyline of the file and all the text in the file on the screen is a bunch of miscellanous characters. The error pops up on every line of the file and you have to click ok through the entire file or shut the computer down to reset the control software. What am I doing wrong?

tkovacs
03-09-2009, 12:34 PM
Ken,
You are saving/opening the toolpath cut files right?
With a shopbot post processor?

kencraft
03-09-2009, 01:10 PM
Terry, Thanks for your reply. I did not save the tool paths. If I go back to Aspire and save them all individually, do they open with that file in the control software or do I open my drawing file and then the toolpath file. I guess I am not familar enough yet with the correct order to save and pull up the files in the control software. I assumed the tool paths would save right along with the files. Do you have a quick pecking order I should be doing these saves and openings in.

ken_rychlik
03-09-2009, 01:34 PM
After you make your toolpaths, you have to save the toolpaths. I use a seperate folder for that. Designs in one and toolpaths in another. It should run off of the toolpath. You can save the different toolpaths in one drawing in whatever order you want them to cut, so long as you specify the same cutting tool for each.

Kenneth

kencraft
03-09-2009, 02:03 PM
I've been on the Vectric website reading up on the toolpaths. What post processor should I be using? Does the control software know where to look for the paths or will it ask me where they are?

kencraft
03-09-2009, 03:22 PM
Ok I have managed to save the tool paths in the shopbot processor, but my design files still has the original errors. When I try to open the files the design file is not a sb file. It has a .crv3d extension. The only way to open it from the thumb drive is to look under all files, then when I open it I get all the debug errors I noted in my first post. What do I do next?

tkovacs
03-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Hi Ken,
The shopbot control software does not use the .crv3d design files. The information in the .sbp "shop bot part" files that you made when you saved your toolpaths is what the shopbot control software needs to read.

Terry

kencraft
03-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Thanks Terry and Ken,

I was trying to read the design file and did'nt even think of saving the tool paths. Its working now.

myxpykalix
03-09-2009, 04:35 PM
I think these programs work somewhat similarly. I use partwizard and when you do a "File/Save as"
you are saving the project as a whole which includes toolpaths and all design elements that you can call up again. You are saving the model or project.

If you have designed your part and want to make and save the toolpaths you need to go to to the toolpath tab (mine is on left side yours might be different), hilite the toolpath to save, go to the area where your postprocessor is (shopbot-arcs-inch?) then save the individual toolpaths. They are .sbp files. Those are what you load into the shopbot control software to run the machine. Sounds like you are trying to load the model files into the control software and getting those errors.

myxpykalix
03-09-2009, 04:36 PM
you figured it out while i was typing....good