PDA

View Full Version : Computer or Control Box Issue?

kivimagi
04-08-2006, 11:17 PM
Folks,

Here are my symptoms. When executing a part file, the cut speed slows to a crawl. It jogs fine to the location to start the first cut, and from there it cuts so slow one can barely tell it is moving.(It occassionally speeds up, but it appears to be random)

I can still move everything fine with the keyboard control. I can cut a circle with the cc command.

I've tried old part files that have worked in the past, and they exhibit the same problems.

I've put in an email to support, but if anyone has experienced the same problems, I'm all ears.

Have a great day.

Brady Watson
04-09-2006, 12:00 AM
Ryan,
I am assuming that the machine has run fine up until this point on the same computer? If you are not running the latest version of the control software...go download it. It is the best yet. Restart your computer, power down the control box and reload the firmware in the control box. These steps will eliminate most anomolies.

Now...on to your computer. Check it for things running in the background, programs looking for software dongles and seeking to connect to a network to check for updates. This includes Windows update. If you have loaded anything new lately, that could be the issue.

-B

Towersonline
04-09-2006, 09:43 AM
Could it be the default move speed was changed to some low mumber? Try changing it to 1.0 and see what happens. MS,1.0

artisan
04-09-2006, 02:30 PM
This sounds possibly like a programming issue Ryan. Try starting your file and then hitting the "S" key after it runs a bit. "Insert" the correct "XY Move Speed" with the "VS" command and hit "Resume" to see if the machine responds correctly. As Brady has suggested, your control software may be corrupted and you'll need to reload it. This is usually the fault of running in the "Windows" environment and not uncommon....D

kivimagi
04-09-2006, 02:37 PM
All,

Thanks for the input. I've upgraded to the new control software. Things are working now, but I'll wait and see if it resurfaces before declaring victory.

I'm fairly confused how things could have gone awry, but most importantly I am able to cut with speed again.

Thank you all for your responses, a truly great website this is, with great people hanging around.

Regards,

kivimagi
04-09-2006, 10:22 PM
Turns out this is not completely solved, but it is still much better with the new software.

I'll provide an update when I have one.

Regards,