PDA

View Full Version : First Ecabs job

loriny
02-09-2010, 11:53 PM
This is a job from last summer. I thought I might show it as I am posting others. This was my first ecabs job. I have to learn to take better pics.
Lorin

jim_ludi
03-01-2010, 05:50 PM
Lorin, you're doing great work! How about some details on the wood and finish. Did you use your bot for any of the construction?

I have my share of trouble getting good indoor pics too.

I really like the cabinet doors with the glass, very classy.

Nice work and design.

loriny
03-01-2010, 11:47 PM
The cabinetry was all cut on the bot as well as the arch over the cooktop. The crowns and undercab valence were cut with my Woodmaster moulder. The wood is maple. The finish is a stain mixed into clear finish and applied in 3 coats plus 2 clear on top. All my finishing is done with Target coatings waterborne finishes.
Lorin

gene
03-02-2010, 12:18 AM
did you build the doors ? Very nice , I like the granite tops .

loriny
03-02-2010, 12:26 AM
No. I used to build doors but when I am busy I outsource the doors.
Lorin

blackhawk
03-02-2010, 09:37 AM
Great work! This is off the subject of Shopbot, but I had a question on your Woodmaster that you mentioned. I have a Woodmaster also. I was just wondering what type of setup that you used for your mouldings. Do you use a 1, 2, or 3 knife setup in the Woodmaster? Do you usually make your moulding with a single pass? Thanks.

dlcw
03-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Sweet job Lorin. I second Jim's request. Would love some more pictures.

It's amazing how fast cutting cabinet parts goes once you get over the learning curve of eCabs and SBLink. I won't do cabinets any other way in the future. My first eCabs job was 75+ cabinets and boy was it a "Bee with an itch" to learn everything needed to do the job. But now that I have - WOW!

Don
www.dlwoodworks.com (http://www.dlwoodworks.com)

loriny
03-02-2010, 11:58 PM
All my mouldings are single pass except of course the back cut. Most of them I do with a single knife except some for higher volume orders. I found the 2 knife corrugated head with a smaller angle on the knives produces a lot better results on wood like Maple. I get better results after hanging my motor on a hinge and running link belt. There is a lot less chatter. Also tightening the feed rollers 1/16 - 1/8 beyond recommended helps althoough i have ended up replacing them a couple times to extra wear and actually bending one.
Lorin

loriny
04-29-2010, 10:37 PM
I was back to the house. I got some more pictures and tried compressing one. I hope this works.
Lorin

jsooter
05-02-2010, 12:58 PM
I like the trim detail you put on the bottom of your cabinets. That is a nice touch