PDA

View Full Version : Rope molding

g_hinton
02-10-2009, 02:08 PM
I hava a rope molding from vector art 3d and for the life of me I can't make the molding it self wider example its a standard 1/4inch but I would like to make it 1 1/4inch any ideas? I am using Aspire.

gene
02-10-2009, 05:10 PM
Is the width to height ratio locked on. Thats about all i can think of. I'm sure someone will chime in soon with more ideas.

scottcox
02-10-2009, 09:37 PM
In Aspire, while the component is selected, hit the "T" key (for Transform). You can change the size there. You'll probably want to leave the ratio close to default or it will really look weird.

myxpykalix
02-10-2009, 10:46 PM
I think what he is asking is how to make the "strand" of rope thicker, not make the overall size of the object bigger. I have been able to "stretch" objects within the same framesize in another program. It is easy to throw off the perspective and look if you aren't careful.

g_hinton
02-11-2009, 07:32 AM
Jack, yes that is what I want to do is make the strand itself wider.

jamesb
02-11-2009, 09:04 AM
Gary - as the rope border is a finished model its not possible to change the size of the rope link without scaling up the whole part. The only way to create a version with a different link thickness for a given radius would be to create a new model. In Aspire you would do this by creating a component which represents a single rope link and then copying this around a circle. It may take some experimenting to get the correct relationship between the links.