PDA

View Full Version : Home position gets lost??

bob buttons
06-30-2002, 10:32 AM
i have noticed that my home position is off when i turn on my machine from a previous day. this has happened 2x in the past 2 weeks. it could be off my as much as 10 in the x and y locations. very strange! anyone else have this happen???

frank
07-01-2002, 10:47 AM
Hi Bob,

Are you at the home position when you shut down your machine the previous day. If you manually moved the machine to another location or finished cutting a file that did not jog home at the end then when the software boots up the next day, zero will be at the tools current location. At any rate, the best practice would be to zero your tool with the S_HOME program in our software just to be on the safe side. This requires a set of proximity switches and I would recommend that you run the program before starting any new project. At the very least you should zero the tool when you first power it up for the day. Our tool will hold its home position under normal operating conditions, but there are situations where you may do something that will cause the tool to lose position (cutting too fast, dull bit etc.) For this reason it pays to check your zero from time to time.

frank
07-05-2002, 10:58 AM
Let me clarify or rather correct my last post. The tool will write its current location to file (VA in shopbot.ini) when you exit the software. Unless you move or bump the tool before you boot the software the next day, you should retain your home postion. For example: If you are at 5,10 when you exit the software at the the end of the day that position is written to file. If you move the tool to 10,20, then when you boot up your software the next day the 10,20 position is now cosidered 5,10 and your home position is off. Make sure that you exit the software correctly (ESC Key) so that your current location is saved.