PDA

View Full Version : New Bar sign letters

jhicks
06-22-2007, 10:34 AM
For those who happen to be in areas where there are Bar's. You know; those establishments that you stop in for a libation or two. We seem to be getting more of a reputation for doing something the pub owners like in signage. Not only nice folks and nice work but usually comes with a few liquid benefits and longer sales calls. ;-)
Here is one we completed yesterday (customer didn't have budget for it painted so we just fabricated them and he will have his contractors paint Gloss Black & install)
The inspiration was from a calendar photo of Irish Pub's in Eyeries West Cork Ireland that has long since closed named Bernard Harrington's.
Fabricated in 1,1/2" Sign Foam HDU, 17" high letters cut with 3/8" Ball Nose. Average time 35 minutes per letter.
Cheer's

butch
06-22-2007, 11:14 AM
Those are neat!
If I can ask, how much do you get for each letter?

jhicks
06-22-2007, 12:50 PM
Hi Butch, I would be glad to discuss with you but offline.
Since you are in Montana, we just did some work for an upcoming rodeo out your way for my friend in Red Lodge.
Need to hook you two up.
Call when you have time on the week end.
630-207-1170

GlenP
06-22-2007, 03:12 PM
Nice work Jerry, what did you use for the font, is it done as a 3d image?

butch
06-25-2007, 07:56 AM
Hi Jerry
Well its Monday I just turned on the computer this morning - so I missed ya this weekend. I will try this evening. That would give me an EXCUSE to go to some rodeo's.
Thanks
Butch

jhicks
06-25-2007, 01:41 PM
Glen, the font was a modified font and cut in 3D style with 3/8" ball nose single pass, no roughing but started in the highest center areas and proceeding outward/downward till complete in offset strategy.
Move speeds at 180 IPM X/Y and 65 IPM plunge speed.
Total depth is 1.40" in 1.50" thich HDU. Once cut a final pass to cut out along outside profile full depth through remaining .100" thick skin.
Held in place with table vac hold down through TRUPAN bleeder/spoil board.

jhicks
06-25-2007, 01:49 PM
Butch, OK to call whenever you wish but for your future reference you can see market prices for standard and custom letters, painted and unpainted at Gemini letters web site or the web in general. We find these good guides for ballparking and adjust from there for faster service, lower freight, local market competitors,and custom design.
Generally we concern ourselves with the percieved value in/of the job and our services and take it from there. Customer impression, budgets,sales presentation, references, design time, material, finishing requirements, turn around time, ease of doing business, and examples of custom jobs/work all play a part in the final cost/price negotiation. We always operate on 50% down/50% on completion and require signed off art to proceed.

butch
06-26-2007, 08:03 AM
Thanks Jerry - I'll get with you on the rodeo. That is a good site.

jhicks
08-26-2007, 09:36 AM
Finally got photos of installed HDU painted letters on Paddy Long's.
Enjoy.