PDA

View Full Version : Copy Machine trouble. Help!

thewoodcrafter
01-30-2008, 10:33 AM
I am trying to use copy machine and get an error before it even starts taking readings.
The error message reads
Run Time Error 13
Type Mismatch.
The control software is the latest version.
I am using a ShopBot probe. It is wired correctly, the light works on the probe and in the program.
Any ideas what is going on?

Brady Watson
01-30-2008, 10:56 AM
A 'Run Time Error 13' is a generic error that basically is saying that the program is looking for a certain data type (like a number/integer for instance) and it got something else (like text). Make sure that you have an actual number where it asks for a number etc.

-B

thewoodcrafter
01-30-2008, 11:37 AM
Thanks Brady.
Do you have any idea where I might look for a typo to find the problem?
There is nothing is the copy machine section that asks for a number, just check boxes.

bill.young
01-30-2008, 12:09 PM
Hi Roger,

If you're getting the error before you get to the fillin sheets in the Copy Machine, and you installed the ShopBot software in it's default location, then my first guess would be that you have a corrupted "Copy Machine.ini" file, or maybe an older version of it.

If you look in your "C:\Program Files\ShopBot\Virtual Tools\Copy Machine" folder you'll find the "Copy Machine.ini" file. Just delete it and a new default one will be created from the backup copy the next time the Copy Machine is run.

If that doesn't fix it, send me an email and we'll dig a little deeper.

Bill

jeffreymcgrew
01-30-2008, 12:27 PM
I get that message if I give Copy Machine a file name that it doesn't understand. i.e. anything with dashes, spaces, or dots in the name IIRC or something like that. Don't remember which one it was specifically.

Does it work when you give it a single, simple word as the file you want the job saved to?

thewoodcrafter
01-30-2008, 01:01 PM
Thanks Billl I will try that.

Jefferey,
I don't even get that far.
I check the 3 options when asked about the 3d/2d, probe and file type, then when the fill in screen comes up, that is when I get the error and it dumps out.

thewoodcrafter
01-30-2008, 03:49 PM
Bill, that was it.

Works like a charm.

Thanks for the help.