PDA

View Full Version : Joining the Ranks ..

audiodemon
02-12-2009, 09:43 AM
Hello fellow Bottr'z

My name is Chris and i just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I feel as if i know you all already as i have been lurking the board here for neigh on 3 yrs.

I have been a Musician/Sound Tech for the last 25+ yrs and am now a "CNC Guy" as well.

Some of you may know a fallen fellow botter by the name of Jay Pollard.

7980 He was my Fathers shop partner as well as next door neighbour and friend. While i was on tour (RM/FOH) i received a call about my mother being diagnosed with stage 5 Cancer. Needless to say i had a chat with my boys (the band) and i moved back home. 2 months later she passed at Hospice. The night of her funeral, Jay left our house and went home to bed not feeling up to snuff. He did not wake up. If you did not know Jay, I swear he would glow in a pitch black room. He is missed. -- He left his Shopbot and all his "tools" to my father who was 60+ at the time and didn't have the patience or urge to learn these new fangled things. "@#$%@ computers!" (hahaha)

In the time i have been lurking here, I have learned SO much. I know that had there not been this forum board, I would still have Jay's final project on the table. Having next to no wood working experience short of high school shop class and a cheap shot at a sex joke (musician remember) .. I read the board every morning @ my desk with my morning Cuppa and Nail. All i can say is THANK YOU TO EVERY POSTER.

Now if Frank and friends @ SB can get the "Magic Smoke" (another laugh, thanks Frank) back into my control board, things will be good again.

Cheers!
Chris

** I've cut it 3 times now a it's STILL to short!**

wberminio
02-12-2009, 10:00 AM
Welcome Chris!

Get ready for an incredible ride!

Erminio

PS Did htmou know you can play music on your bot?
http://www.shopbottools.com/LabFiles/stunes.htm

angus_hines
02-12-2009, 12:10 PM
Welcome Chris

drodda
02-12-2009, 02:20 PM
Welcome to the show! I did not know Jay personally however from what I have read in the past you have some big shoes to fill. Let us know if you need help?

-D

gene
02-13-2009, 12:42 AM
Welcome Aboard. The ride may not always be smooth but it will be intresting .
Keep in mind that answers are $1.00
Answers that require thought are $2.00
Correct answers are $3.00.
We will run you a tab for free.

audiodemon
02-13-2009, 08:09 AM
Thank you for the warm welcome.

It's been an interesting ride thus far and i expect it wont change anytime soon.

Erminio - i had seen that app before and had forgotten about it .. lol .. i tried it but couldnt get any sound from the .spb playback... thats ok tho as i have enough here to distract me :-)

Gene - I'm sure that after 3 yrs of lurking my tab is pretty hefty ..the cheque is in the mail ;-)

Cheers!
Chris
aka
AudioDemon