PDA

View Full Version : Doh... I own a bandsaw!

harryball
01-08-2007, 10:31 PM
That big white thing in my shop is a bandsaw... I was standing at my workbench today cutting tabbed parts out of a project with a small back saw... purpleheart is a very hard wood. I kept cutting and bending the saw, pushing, carving... and I thought to myself... I need something that works like a bandsaw... DOH! LOL

I then walked over to the bandsaw and proceeded to cut out the remaining parts in a fraction of the time. It must have been too obvious. I would never wrap a dowel in sandpaper and try to smooth the edges with a spindle sander sitting next to me. I guess I got this fancy CNC machine and forgot I have other tools that can cut too.

Well, that's my doh story for the day. Felt stupid, thought I'd share.

Robert
A favorite quote, don't know from who...
"You know what you just did was stupid when you look to see if anyone saw you do it"

bcammack
01-09-2007, 07:38 AM
You have my sympathies. My wife says that I have a poor grasp of the obvious and I'm afraid that's true.

There was a Far Side cartoon where the characters are looking out an upper window of the Acme Ladder Company and the building is on fire. One character is saying, "What did you say, Gladys? If we only had some way to climb down?" Yeah, that's me...