PDA

View Full Version : A couple more photos FYI

jhicks
05-17-2007, 10:15 AM
The monument here was posted earlier as work in process on the sign face and logo, so this is the finished state before installation.
Size is 4" x 8" with flower pots on tops of columns.
The 2nd photo is gator foam for a trade show booth being held this week in Las vegas. Size is about 72" high. We originally thought it was for the Batman movie being shot in Chicago as it reminds us of the "riddler" but not the case

conceptmachine
05-17-2007, 10:41 AM
Great work Jerry! ever thaught of writting a "how to book " on sign making with a cnc router

shawn

jhicks
05-17-2007, 11:53 AM
Shawn, WOW! That's quite a compliment but I'm afraid, "I'm not worthy". Any modest success or effectiveness we have been able to achieve is due to...
1) The used PRT we purchased used several years ago because it looked cool, learned all we could about, and upgraded along the way.

2) The SB community, the SB employees, the camps we've attended, and the very helpful folks like Joe Crumley, Dale Kerr, Bill Palumbo,Bill Young, Brady Watson, and the many other new friends who have helped us directly or indirectly via personal encounters, moral support,collaboration,phone calls, or the forum.

3)My Daughter Whitney & son Ben, who agreed to help out and join me in this little venture 18+ months ago and have taken control of 90% of the design, fabrication, and finishing while I focus on training, guidance, business issues, sales, and customer interface, relationships,and negotiations.
So your compliment is really to them and I'll pass it along!

4)My good friend Gene at Applewood Cabinet Company who is gratious enough to allow us to share space in his high end custom cabinet shop and provide the guidance and expertise of a master cabinet maker.

5)My wife who has never questioned my decision to make the lifetime career shift from the OEM electronics industry to the back yard shop and the ongoing investments needed to progress.

So with all that going for us, I can only say I am very fortunate to know and associate with this wonderful team of great people and thrilled we have been able to adapt, sustain, and continue on this path in the 3rd quarter of my game.
We're always willing to share and assist others where we can. I doubt any book is imminent but am humbled by your kind suggestion.Maybe in the 4th quarter of the game. Until then the forum will have to suffice.
Photo is Whitney,Ben and Jessica Left to Right

jhicks
08-26-2007, 10:23 AM
Thought this spot would work for a couple more photos of some recent work. The wings are for an artist working on the tabernackle at Loyola Hospital. These are 2 shots of the process. 1 is a pilot we painted black and gold made in MDF and the 2nd is the final wing design used which are made in spalted crabapple and matched the casework. The finished wings are each 6" x 15" x 7/8" thick unfinished here so compressed photo doesn't do them justice but you get the idea.

All cut with 3/16" ball nose