PDA

View Full Version : Moveing table with the arrows

stockbub
03-10-2007, 07:00 PM
Ok, stupid question, but my table is 5x8. When I am looking at the table standing on the 8' side, the 0,0 point is across the table to my right. My left an right arrows move the table away on the "y" axis with the left arrow and to me with the right arrow. However when I press the up arrow, it moves to my left, down away from the 0,0 point. THe numbers along the x axis are negative. DO I have the x motors crossed. I felt I should be able to push arrow keys and for machine to move in that direction.

paco
03-10-2007, 07:32 PM
It all boiled down to where you want the 0,0 to be to begin with. From that point you make decision for the rest. You can do it the standard way, or simply do it any other way. The standard is to have the 0,0 at the lower left from your preferred standing position which is generally not too far from the keyboard and monitor. There's nothing that hold you from making this different; you could st your 0,0 at the top left or what ever. What you need to do from this decision is to set your CAD/CAM according to this which will later make things easier and you'll have to reprogram most of the standard zeroing routine too...
Your assumption on to which way the axis should move from your standing point of view is right and make sense.

Long story short, if you're quite new to all this and don't want to modify pretty much everything from the standard, make the 0,0 lower left and yes, you need to either swap the X motors or rotate 180 deg. the whole gantry. BUT I most say that you do not make it clear on what is going on... if you're at 0,0, then you hit right key does it go +0,0 or -0,0 or 0,+0 or 0,-0?

Brady Watson
03-11-2007, 07:43 AM
On a PRS, the cutting tool will be on the right side of the beam when faced from the front of the machine.

-B