PDA

View Full Version : Monitor

wegner81
01-13-2008, 10:17 AM
Does anyone have any suggestion on what size monitor would be good for my shop monitor. I am not sure what kind things that I will be doing on that monitor. I will be designing on another computer and will transfer files with a flash drive. I also need help deciding how big the files I will be transfering are, so that I can buy my flash drives. Just trying to get everything ready for when my bot arrives in Feb. Thanks for any help you can give Kevin

dubliner
01-13-2008, 10:58 AM
Congrats Kevin - I'm a new user myself, its a blast I assure you. I would get as large as possible, its advised to only have SB3 on the control comp. but you will do design modifications - so I would get at least a 17" but 19 would be better. I got an 8g flash on sale at Frys for $30 , depending on what you do I would say 4 would be ok, but they are cheap now so go big!. Put the .sbp & the .crv files on the drive so you can fix the mistakes. You will enjoy yourself immensely.

hespj
01-13-2008, 01:00 PM
I got a 15" Dell LCD. I only run Shopbot on the computer, and 15" is plenty big enough.

John

bill
01-13-2008, 01:43 PM
Newbie here as well, just getting started with SB3. I am running SB3 in the shop on a 15" monitor which is fine but agree that for layout and design "Bigger is Better". Have 20" in the house for design and xport files to/from the shop via home network. "More POWER!" <giggle>

knight_toolworks
01-14-2008, 11:56 AM
the bot small is fine but design bigger the better.
I just share my file folder on the nertwork on my bot with my design computer and save toolpath files there.

ffrische
09-05-2008, 08:51 PM
hey bill or anyone i got a new 20 inch monitor for my shopbot and everything is stretched, a 12x12 circle looks like a 10x14 what settings do i change

knight_toolworks
09-05-2008, 08:57 PM
go to the desktop right click choose properties choose the last tab settings and change it there.