PDA

View Full Version : Mouse interference issues

phil_o
02-05-2009, 03:45 PM
I have a Yaskawa controller for my spindle. I use a laptop, Dell Vostro 1510 for the computer. When I turn on the Yaskawa the mouse is difficult to control. I believe their is interference from the Yaskawa. The laptop is very close to the Yaskawa. I'd prefer to keep it where it is now as the setup is very convenient. Is there a way to filter the interference so that the mouse works properly?

harryball
02-05-2009, 04:16 PM
I assume you mean wireless / bluetooth?

I've never had any luck with wireless mouse or keyboard in the shop. It works "most" of the time but will become unresponsive or jumpy. Some use it without a problem but it just doesn't work for me.

If you mean a wired USB mouse... I'd have to say get a new mouse. Never had a problem with wired.

/RB

phil_o
02-05-2009, 06:23 PM
The mouse is the laptop touchpad mouse.

harryball
02-05-2009, 08:09 PM
hmmm... now that's odd. I'd update the firmware and check to see if updated drivers are available. It might make it more tolerant of errors. I've never had a problem with a wired or built in touch pad. The other option (and a good one if possible) is to get further away from your VFD. I run mine about 3' away.

/RB

scottbot
02-05-2009, 10:09 PM
I have a Yaskawa controller and a Dell Vostro 1710.
If I open the top of my laptop too much it will touch the Yaskawa. I use a wireless Logitech mouse and don't have any problems.

Scott

scottbot
02-06-2009, 09:26 PM
I forgot to mention that if I forget to turn the Bluetooth/wireless switch off that the Bot gets kinda of twitchy.
That could be contributing to your problem.