PDA

View Full Version : Software Question

erik_f
03-21-2008, 02:52 PM
I am getting another Shopbot (BT 48) after a 2 year vacation from Shopbotting. I have Rhino 3.0 and Visual Mill 6.0 Basic...just wondering if I should keep on with these programs or try and spend any time learning the new Shopbot software.

Erik

ernie_balch
03-21-2008, 06:28 PM
Do both. The new software is easy to use and works well.

erik_f
03-22-2008, 08:57 AM
I haven't played with the Partworks yet...but the only thing that I like about Rhino...even for 2d drawing is that it easily lets you change the zero point easily which helps when drawing several parts on the same sheet.

Brady Watson
03-23-2008, 12:53 AM
Erik,
PartWorks has many similarities to PartWizard in it's functionality. The additional CAM operations and full 3D subtractive toolpath preview are quite nice. It also allows you to put 0,0 anywhere you want & you also have the ability to place vectors on different layers & toggle them on & off.

-B

erik_f
03-24-2008, 08:59 AM
I just got the Partworks installed and will try playing around with it...thanks guys.

joel
04-01-2008, 11:56 AM
I too have just installed PartWorks (my "Buddy" should be shipping this week). To anyone that could help, a quick question: How does one create an Arc? I don't see it as a "Create Vector" icon. I found it in the old PartWizard manual but nowhere else? (or am I loosing it?)

Thanks ...Joe

andyb
04-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Joe,
Short and sweet answer. Draw a box. Select the box. Click on the Node Editing icon. Right click on the top line of the box. Select to Arc.

Andy B.

srwtlc
04-02-2008, 09:47 AM
Another option is to use the "Draw Curve" tool and draw/click two points (right click to finish). Then use node edit and right click on the line and "To Arc". Drag the node to your desired arc.

Also, you could use the circle tool to make a circle with the desired radius/diameter and node edit that by cutting, deleting, etc.

joel
04-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Andy and Scott thanks for the guidance. It would have taken awhile to figure out these methods. I wonder why they took out the create arc feature? Thanks again.